What of you mean you hate Akira?

There was a great article on Anime News Network that had been written by Jason Thompson [LINK] about Akira (Manga). I had written this off many, many, many years ago. However, after reading this, I will be seeing if my local library has a copy to read.

I have to explain something about Akira from my own perspective - IT SUCKED!

>>> Waiting for all the flamers to come our and attack me now for saying this <<<

Well, to me the anime version sucked, so I never picked up the manga due to this same reason.

Here is the history of all of this craziness for me:

As I watched it, I found myself dosing off. For some reason, this did not grab my attention nor did I even like it. I found the whole thing too busy and the story was not fluid enough for me to follow it. The characters just yelled at each other and shit blew up a lot. I yawned when they were running around on the motorcycles and was like, what the hell have I rented. Who in their right mind thinks this anime movie is 'da bomb'?

If I remember correctly, I did watch it fully and was disgusted by the whole thing. I felt like this was the fucking dumbest anime ever. I was not sure if I would ever rent another anime again. I felt like I have been deceived and it was a waste of my money. When I returned it, I just wanted to throw it at the clerk.

Luckily, I did rent another anime - Ghost in the Shell - which brought me back from the abyss to once again enjoy anime movies. Thus, here I am today - many, many, many years later, watching anime like a drunk looking for that next bottle of booze.

This now bears the question to you my Readers:

Have you ever had such an experience in your life that cause you to almost change what you enjoy doing now?
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Total Pageviews